Sunday 28 April 2013

Loving Lizzie Bennet

So, I've been watching and loving the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube and after a hundred episodes they've finally come to an end. It's funny how when you really enjoy something - a good book, a great movie, a gripping TV series - that you're dying to know what happens to next, for things to be revealed and resolved and (maybe) for the hero and heroine to get together and live happily ever after, but at the same time you don't want it to end! Have you ever had that experience when you're turning the pages faster and faster while trying to make yourself read slower and slower cos you don't want the pleasure to end but you have to know how it's all going to end? I love that feeling!

Well, that's what Lizzie Bennet was like. I'd keep watching, dying to see what Darcy would be like when he finally showed up and how things would turn out for Lydia and Jane and Bing and it was all so clever and funny and surprising. I loved it and now it's over <sigh>. Still, something else amazing is bound to turn up (that's the joy of the internet) and it is on YouTube so I can watch it again - or just my favourite episodes - any time I like. Excellent!

Here's Episode One in case you missed it...


No comments:

Post a Comment